Founded in 1994 and inspired by the famous local Calgarian, Bret "The Hitman" Hart, the Calgary Hitmen have been at the core of the YYC community for decades. We're so excited to announce that we have teamed up with the Hitmen to celebrate their 25th anniversary during the 2019/2020 season!
All photos by Empire Creative Images
To celebrate their 25th season, the Hitmen have teamed up with ENMAX to execute and drive the Hitmen Pledge as a way of giving back to the community. The Pledge challenges Calgarians to volunteer 25 hours of their time helping out a neighbour, getting involved in a nonprofit or helping kids play sport for a chance to win $25,000 for their favourite charity. Their goal is to generate 25,000 hours of community service towards Calgary and the surrounding area during their 25th season. #HitmenPledge #PeoplePowerCommunity
As a way to highlight the Hitmen's commitment to the community and their incredible silver anniversary milestone, we devised a plan doing what we do best.... collaborating!
Sam Mendoza of D.I.T.R.O. at nvrlnd.
Introducing the limited edition Canadian Made Calgary Hitmen Silver Anniversary Crewneck!
Designed by local YYC artist, Sam Mendoza of Diamond in the Rough Originals (D.I.T.R.O), this one of a kind sweater represents the Calgary Hitmen's longstanding reputation in the community and their passion for being leaders of change. The lovely Sam works out of nvrlnd. and is one of the city's most talented graphic designers and curators. We previously had the pleasure of collaborating with her for our Community Sweater.
We thought it was important for the collaboration design–the Hitmen's Pledge–to represent what we, the Hitmen and D.I.T.R.O are most passionate about. So Sam came to the table with some fantastic ideas that sparked the inspiration behind this unique design, the bridge that connected our communities together.
- The colour black, magenta and silver, were chosen to pay homage to Bret "The Hitman” Hart, the founding member and inspiration behind the team name.
- The words concealed in the mask symbolize what the Calgary Hitmen are most passionate about. PLEDGE. IMPACT. FAMILY. GIVING.
- The Hitmen's PLEDGE to make a difference in our city by encouraging fans and Calgarians to volunteer and give back to the community.
- The IMPACT the Hitmen have made by partnering with many charitable organizations through in-game promotion and fundraising.
- Teammates, management, fans, loved ones and the community, life's greatest blessings. FAMILY.
- The act of GIVING back to the community through the Calgary Hitmen Foundation and other various initiatives including education, grassroots sports and health for youth and the community.
Pre-order your limited edition Calgary Hitmen 25th Season // D.I.T.R.O // Local Laundry Collaboration Sweater NOW!
Silver anniversary collaboration sweaters are available now for PRE-SALE ONLY until February 16, 2020, exclusively on the Local Laundry website. Each Canadian made sweater will be branded with a commemorative patch and numbered specifically to showcase which number of sweater you purchased. If you'd like to check out the design, visit any Fanattic store but just remember, you'll have to order your personalized crew online.
In order to help YOU reach YOUR 25 hours of pledged volunteer time, we will be volunteering at the Calgary Foodbank with the Calgary Hitmen and ENMAX team! If you'd like to join us on March 12th from 5:45 to 8 PM, email email@example.com
If you'd like to learn more about how this collaboration came to be, listen to our latest podcast:
Proudly Made in Canada - 008 The Calgary Hitmen 25th Season // D.I.T.R.O // Local Laundry Collaboration
* The Calgary Hitmen Foundation is the charitable arm of the WHL's Calgary Hitmen. The heart of the Calgary Hitmen Foundation is the scholarship program that provides post-secondary education for Hitmen players along with the support of grassroots sports.